PRE-PURCHASE PEST INSPECTION
A Timber Pest Inspection, also known just as a Pre-purchase Pest Inspection is recommended prior to purchasing a property to ensure that no hidden structural issues exist due to active or past Timber Pest issues.
Timber Pests include Termites, Wood Borers and Wood Decay / Fungi. These timber pests are common in all properties and can undermine timber structures.
All homes contain timber elements that are vulnerable to attack from Timber Pests. It is estimated that one in five homes contain some form to termite or past termite activity.
A Pest inspection is STRONGLY recommended and is used to determine five (5) key points:
- Termites or evidence of termite activity and / or damage or previous termite treatment
- Timber borers or evidence of borers and / or damage
- Wood rot damage and potential safety hazards caused by borers
- Reporting on conditions that are conducive to termite attack to better educate for the future
- Reporting on safety hazards with regard to timber structures where visible damage is present